Ready to submit? Fill out the form at the bottom of the page!
If you would like to submit a non-profit for consideration in the Hy-Vee Reusable Bag Program that supports local non-profits, please review the guidelines and instructions below.
If approved, your organization will be placed on a list for local store leadership to consider in future months.
Please note: Approval does not guarantee selection at the store level. If chosen, your organization will be notified directly about one month in advance. Your organization can raise funds at any time throughout the year through the Giving Tag Program - click here to learn more.
To qualify for consideration in the Hy-Vee Reusable Bag Program that supports local non-profits, benefiting organizations must have:
The purpose of this program is to support organizations that are important to individuals and families in communities local to stores where the bags are sold. To be considered for the Hy-Vee Reusable Bag Program, organizations must meet all guidelines listed below. Store leadership has full discretion to determine which organizations will receive the funds.
Requirements for the Hy-Vee Reusable Bag and Giving Tag Program
- 501(c)(3) status.
- A direct local connection to a specific Hy-Vee store.
- The commitment to put funds to use within the local Hy-Vee store’s community.
- Non-profits that are clearly focused in their stated mission to impact hunger relief, education (all aspects), health & wellness, civic, or military/veterans organizations.
- Organizations that provide for the physical, emotional, educational and cultural enhancement and well-being of children
Requests that will not qualify:
- Events/Fundraisers limited to specific individuals or families
- International Organizations
- Any organization that does not put 100% of the donations to supporting the local community
- Requests to support expenses related to travel or conferences for employees of non-profit organizations
- Private clubs, such as rotary clubs
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion and/or sexual orientation